INSTALL / UNINSTALL
- Q. Can I use AppCheck Anti-Ransomware with other Antivirus?
- Yes, AppCheck Anti-Ransomware ensures compatibility with third-party anti-virus programs with real-time protection.
- Q. Can I use the AppCheck on Windows XP, Windows Vista operating system?
- No, AppCheck Anti-Ransomware is compatible with Windows 7 operating system and above (including service pack version).
Please consider to upgrade your operating system for your protection.
- Q. I want to remove the app check product.
- AppCheck Anti-Ransomware can be removed normally by executing "AppCheck Anti-Ransomware" item registered in the program list of the control panel.
- Q. After the uninstallation, I still can see RansomShelter backup folder <Backup (AppCheck)> remains.
- After uninstalling AppCheck anti-ransomware, please locate and delete the RansomShelter backup folder created for each drive.
- Q. Does AppCheck support other languages?
- Yes, AppCheck Anti-Ransomware is available in English, Japanese and Korean since version 126.96.36.199.
- Q. While AppCheck is updating I get an error “This program is only runs in Windows 7 or higher”
- AppCheck reinstalls itself in automatic update, while your configuration is maintained.
During the reinstallation process, if uninstaller is corrupted, such message may be displayed.
In this case, you might want to copy files in “?\Program Files\CheckMAL\AppCheck” directory from other PC to according location in your PC, then continue the update.
- Q. "?:\Program Files\CheckMAL\AppCheck\mfc140u.dll" error occurs when executing and removing AppCheck.
- Some users may experience the error "?:\Program Files\CheckMAL\AppCheck\mfc140u.dll" in the automatic update process.
If you encounter any of the above issues, please uninstall the app check and reinstall it to the latest version using the following procedure.
1) Execute "Command Prompt (Administrator)" and execute "sc stop AppCheck" and "sc stop AppCheckD" in command line in order.
* Note that if you run the in command prompt without administrator privilege, you will be denied access.
2) Run Task Manager and check if AppCheck.exe / AppCheckS.exe process is terminated.
3) Click the [Download Link] of mfc140u.dll file to download and extract the compressed file mfc140u.zip.
4) Select the mfc140u.dll file that is appropriate for your operating system type (32/64 bit) and copy (Ctrl + C) the file to the "?:\Program Files\CheckMAL\AppCheck" folder Ctrl + V) to overwrite the existing file.
* Note that the PC with the folder "Program Files (x86)" is a 64-bit environment.
* x86: 32-bit / x64: refers to the 64-bit operating system.
5) Please visit the homepage (https://www.checkmal.com) and download the latest version of the app check file and reinstall it.
If you cannot solve the problem or if you do not understand the above, please contact Customer Center and we will be able to assist you further through Remote Assistance.
- Q. I get message "Administrator rights required!" while update or installation.
- This message is displayed when User Access Control(UAC) is off and user type is Standard User which doesn't have administrator rights.
Users can do following to solve the issue.
(1) Enable UAC will allow automatic update in both administrator and standard user accounts.
(2) In case of UAC needs to disabled, both installation and updates needs to be performed in Administrator account.
Please upgrade your web browser for better website experience.